Thanks for logging in.
This is the first time you've accessed the forums via playverse,
would you like to associate your playverse account with an existing Dungeon Defenders forum account?
Note: This is the only time you will be able to associate these accounts.
Dungeon Defenders II and playverse are currently in closed beta. We're working hard to build, polish and test both experiences. If you'd like to help us out and be one of the first to play, please enter your email below to sign up for our newsletter and join the waiting list for a beta invite:
If you are looking to register for the forums, or comment on the blog, please sign up here.
If you already have a playverse beta key, register here.
Dungeon Defenders II game Status:
[PC] The RNG Game Sign-up (5/04-5/07)
Hello everyone and welcome to the RNG Game Event Sign-up Thread. Please read the rules below and hope everyone has fun! This is the first of three events to create and reward the winning items submitted by the community for the 'Create your own event item' contest! Discussion thread
- Event Hosts will not tolerate any type of Harassment or abuse and they hold the right to remove you from the Event. If a player has a problem with any Event Host please contact either Dredd, Immortal-D, Hitmonchan, or Laurawantsacow.
- Only players who have signed up in this thread are eligible to participate in the event. Although we suggest all players sign themselves up, teams may have one person sign up all teammates.
- Players must sign-up by 11:59pm EST Friday night.
- Players may have pre-arranged teams of up to 5 players during the event.
- No Mods and no hacked items. Period.
- No level requirements so bring your best characters.
- Running the event on more than 1 account is not allowed.
- Players must show up in the group chat room between 12pm - 10pm EST, Saturday - Tuesday to be guaranteed a spot. Players who show up to the chat room, but are unable to be hosted before they need to leave, have to make alternate arrangements with a host to participate at a different time.
- Please use the format below to sign-up for the Event. Failure to follow the format will lead to players not being able to participate in the Event, You have been WARNED!
Please format your post in the following manner:
Steam ID - this should be the same as how you show up on steam to other players (your most current name)
Link to steam profile:
Partner's Steam ID: (include only if your partner doesn't sign themselves up)
Link to steam profile: (include only if your partner doesn't sign themselves up)
Link to steam profile - Go to your profile page and copy the page url and post it here
Additional requests - There are 2 types of requests you can make:
- Alternate time - If our time slots will not work for you, you may request a specific time (1.5 hour window minimum) to be hosted. If we are able to accommodate, a host will contact you via forum PM. Requests can be any time from 6pm EST Friday - 10pm EST Tuesday.
- Better gear - Before requesting, please try to find someone who will give you better gear on OPEN from their ranked export. If you do not have sufficient gear to play the maps, you can let us know and we'll see what we can find for you to use on OPEN. This is only because we do not allow modded gear such as the godly gear map to be used.
For any new players who are not familiar with how the events are run (or any older players who need refreshing), please read the following:
- Read the rules and follow the "Sign-up format" to get signed up for the event.
- These events will be on Open and players are expected to check back to this page and subscribe and download the map BEFORE they join a host's game. Link is at the bottom of this post.
- Visit the steam group and enter chat room when you are ready to participate in the event. Upon entering, please type something along the lines of "I am ready to play." Please note that we only guarantee availability of event hosts from 12-10pm EST on the dates in the title of this thread.
- Go on to OPEN mode and try to host the map yourself to make sure it is not crashing and is installed properly.
- When a host is ready, they will either invite people to join their game or type in the chat that they are available to run people through the event. If you are playing by yourself, you will be grouped with other players that are available to play. If you are part of a team, let the host know you have a team and how many members are ready to join his/her game.
- Join the game and have fun and try hard! It is suggested you take a couple minutes to plan teamwork with your teammates and get on the mumble voice server if you want to use this to facilitate a more social experience.
- After you beat the map or lose, the event host will give you instructions to either restart the map or claim your prizes on ranked. Please follow their instructions as to when you can join them on ranked to get your reward.
Q: Who can participate in the event?
A: Anyone who's Steam/Dungeon Defenders account is in good standing and is not trying to join the event with more than one account. It does not matter if you are a new or veteran player to Dungeon Defenders.
Q: What do we get for participating in the event?
A: You get a really neat item to use on Ranked servers. This item is custom created by the event team and Trendy and cannot be found anywhere else in the game!
Q: Does Trendy make the events?
A: While Trendy does provide the rewards for Ranked server play, the PC community event team is completely volunteer based and we create and host the events in our own time.
PC Community Events Group - steam page
*NEW* We have included a simple to use mumble voice chat server for the events. A simple tutorial video is found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucP9Ey-p9k4
Link to the map: --To be added after Trendy Friday Fun on May 3rd--
Last edited by draemn; 04-28-2013 at 03:32 AM.
Last edited by Steepers; 04-29-2013 at 11:45 PM.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” ~ Yoda