Thanks for logging in.
This is the first time you've accessed the forums via playverse,
would you like to associate your playverse account with an existing Dungeon Defenders forum account?
Note: This is the only time you will be able to associate these accounts.
Dungeon Defenders II and playverse are currently in closed beta. We're working hard to build, polish and test both experiences. If you'd like to help us out and be one of the first to play, please enter your email below to sign up for our newsletter and join the waiting list for a beta invite:
If you are looking to register for the forums, or comment on the blog, please sign up here.
If you already have a playverse beta key, register here.
Dungeon Defenders II game Status:
Pathing Problems: Mistymire Forest
I'd like to post exact spots of problem areas in maps, and keep the topics specific to one map. Sooo... Mistymire.
I've really just got to the point where pathing issues have become the most annoying, time consuming, frustrating part of this game.
Feel free to post and add your own problem spots.
Image with numbers to show spots (click thumbnail for fullsize):
- Djinn get stuck behind the tree here, A LOT, and they just sit there. Sometimes they fly WAY up into the tree or the sky, and simply just don't want to move. A lot of times it's out of even long rage pet distance.
- Sometimes Djinn get stuck here if you have harpoons shooting down the lane at them. There is some kind of invisible edge here. The Djinn get stuck, and the harpoons hit this "invisible wall". Again, occasional the stuck Djinn will float way up in the sky and still be behind their safe spot.
- Hey look another tree! If you have defenses setup on the bridge, Djinn and a couple other enemies again get stuck behind this tree. They just don't try to move or go around.
- Some enemies, like Kobolds, Mages, and Spiders, for some reason get stuck here, and continously try to walk into the wall here. It has nothing to do with defenses being nearby, and it just seems like a pathing bug.
- Another tree spot for Djinn and sometimes orcs/mages. If you have defense setup south of this area, the tree+Shroomite here will block projectiles from hitting enemies. Sometimes if you have defenses too close to here, the Djinn will desummon through the invisible wall/blockage.
- I've had several Djinn try to hide from being damage, float off the side of the map here, and either stay there, or fly very high and then stay up there.
- If you build towers way up north pointing east, Djinn and some other monsters, get stuck behind this wall, and don't try to get around. Above the wall is an invisible wall, and projectiles can't hit them.
Any of these problems alone, aren't terribly harsh to deal with. But a lot of the time several of these happen at once. I've adjusted my builds in different ways to try to deal with them. I even moved my build near the trees in the north up, and then they get stuck at #7
The problem is, in late wave survivals, when lots of things get stuck in geometry, lots of bad things can happen. It's Extremely frustrating time after time to deal with. It's also annoying to complete a wave and have two enemies just stuck floating in the sky.
happens alot but that is just not as annoying as you may think. You just kill them, if all the other mobs are dead will take you around around 30 seconds and if they floating off the poons range then just jump and let pet to attack then djing will move closer. And well if you all are dead just wait 5 mins as a punishment for getting killed by a goblin
Also at 5, I often see Mages and their Skeltons get pushed behind/inside the rocks. They can fire at will while in there but despite my towers firing, they cannot hit back. I think it's related to the gas trap congestion that usually builds up there.
There's too many times where Djinn float too high even for pets to attack. Sometimes towers like harpoons get stuck trying to shoot them too, I don't understand it.
And it is a problem, especially for distance towers. If there are 20+ mobs in an aura, and the towers are shooting at mobs that are stuck in geometry (essentially invincible), and you can't get to it in time, or you die for example, you are boned. And it's a bug. It's a big part of the game.