Thanks for logging in.
This is the first time you've accessed the forums via playverse,
would you like to associate your playverse account with an existing Dungeon Defenders forum account?
Note: This is the only time you will be able to associate these accounts.
Dungeon Defenders II and playverse are currently in closed beta. We're working hard to build, polish and test both experiences. If you'd like to help us out and be one of the first to play, please enter your email below to sign up for our newsletter and join the waiting list for a beta invite:
If you are looking to register for the forums, or comment on the blog, please sign up here.
If you already have a playverse beta key, register here.
Dungeon Defenders II game Status:
130 Hours played and i still dont understand, Help is needed :)
Hello guys, first of all sorry for my bad english, i am from Argentina Spanish is my native.
I have played this game for about 130 real hours, according to the steam thingy, i am quite happy with the game i have purchased all DLS´s available. So yea i am not here to rant i am here to try to understand.
A friend an i are playing this game everyday, at least 3/4 hours a day. We both have the same problem, we cant figure how itemization and stats work.
For example we can destroy HArd dificulty, in campain / survival / strat only modes, but we cant pass insane easy, and the game is not giving us better items. Now i have some questions.
--What is the criteria for the game to give you the Green finger? ( you know when an item is ¨Better¨ ).
--How can i turn off the upgrades of the item i have with me? ( for comparision with the items i got ).
--How does Hero Strengh works? 100 points Hero STR gives you a x1.00 of your weapon damage?
--How random is the item dropping? is it 100% random? or there are pre fixed parameters?
( this one of from my friend ).
--We recently got survival, insane wave 14 on a map and we both got a robot pet, mine is better than his, if i re do this it means i can get a better one? because in the wikia i see pets with 100+ possible upgrades and mine in insane has 27 and i am a little confuse should i keep going to wave 14 and get a 100+ upgrade pet? ( insane wise ).
--Why cant the adpet use her instant upgrade on strat only? it is not an attack skill. :P ( this is just me wondering this )
--I just did Assault Challenge on insane with my Ranger and i got a m16, the weapon itself is not that great compared with my bow i got from Ramparts Hard, again same question if i try this again i have the chance to get a better one?
Before you tell me to use the seach button i was unable to find it in the forum.. sorry , but i used google and all the ¨Guides¨ gives a lot of ¨theory¨ but no actuall information. I would love to get to nightmare i got the full4 dlc to play nightmare mode and in the first wave of deeper well i got an 800k ogre and i am doing only 50k dps and he kills my crystal super fast. I kinda need help here, what am i missing? what am i doing wrong?
Many of your questions can be answered with: Well, drops are random. The best items often come on Nightmare mode. Do Insane difficult on Glitterhelm and in challenges to get better weapons so you can run Nightmare mode.
I can tell you as much as don't look for the green finger. It tries to gear me with absolute ****.
Loot is random. If you keep doing it, you or your friend may get a better or worse one each time.
We recently got survival, insane wave 14 on a map and we both got a robot pet, mine is better than his, if i re do this it means i can get a better one?
Look for defense setups around these forums. There are many setups designed to help you beat what you thought would be too hard, and there are also setups specifically for gathering equipment from stuff you can't quite win yet (e.g. an apprentice with bad equipment can still clear a few waves of Nightmare Endless Spires, which gives him a chance to obtain basic Mythical quality loot- this will give you a huge bump up and make other levels on nightmare more possible)
1) Green finger...who knows. Most of the time it is just upgrade levels, but I wouldn't trust it fully. Make sure you are getting your set bonus (usually all armor of the same type)
2) Turning off upgrades...you can't. Unfortuneatly, this is just one of those things you will have to live with.
3) Hero Damage...Damage = (ln(x+20)*0.75-1.2)*y Where "x" is the Hero Damage stat, and "y" is the weapon damage... is the formula, I don't believe this taken from the actual code, but I would believe it is something close.
4) Loot...all of the stats on loot is random. The loot that is dropped is dependent on the level and difficulty you are playing on, the number of players does not matter. Certain levels (bosses, challenges, survivals, etc.) give certain rewards. These can be helpful depending on what level you are. Check wiki for the actual rewards, altho depending on what difficulty you play on you will get a certain level of loot. (ie, Ogre Party hat from insane ogre crush will be subpar to the ogre party hat from nightmare)
5) Rewards...yes, if you run sometime over and over again you can get better loot. You won't find a 100+ upgrade pet unless you are playing on nightmare. The wiki has pictures, yes, but that doesn't mean you will get that exact weapon/armor/pet.
6) Pure strat...means exactly that, you can't use any special abilities.
7) Assault...the blasticus is one of the better single target dps, once it is upgraded. Yes, redo it until you get a 'good' one.
8) Nightmare....do not attempt unless you are 74, just my suggestion, others may disagree. You aren't able to wear mythical gear til you're 74 so really there isn't much point.
The loot for dummies guide is great. I ran nightmare endless spire with a level 70 apprentice. At first I did not get far but some of the drops are godly weapons and armor with good stats. The ^s were usually low, but these were very temp pieces that really boosted my apprentice into the mid 400s on tower attack. With that I could do glitter insane easier in order to level the apprentice up and take advantage of the mythical pieces. From there I went back to endless nm hardcore for even better drops. I also used my app to switch out and power level some of my other toons to 74. Now running Misty nm hc and repeating to get better drops.
OK, what the H**l.. i just saw in that guide a guy doing the first wave in nightmare with no armor..
130 hours and i am such a noob? cant be.. am i getting old for these games?.... cant be im only 28.
I have way better stats than the guy doing it without armor i definetely can do it.... Thats i got a lot of good replies.. so this is more grinding than world of warcraft and similar to the grinding of ragnarok online i did when i was younger, i dont have the time to spend full 8 hours grinding, but i think i might get soemthing by the weekend :P
/Azereus clicks C
OHHEEHHHH Trendy thanks for taking over my vacation time :P
Originally Posted by AzErEuS
It's usually easier to farm some mana and go buy gear from player shops. Just find the ones where people aren't pricing their gear as if they just got down smoking a ton of meth. 99,999,999 for a piece of gear with 1/1 upgrades......right.
It actually doesn't take too long, there are lulls then definite jumps. I just went through this. So basically once you can get past the first wave of nightmare endless spires (34 monsters) you'll have a huge jump in stats and soon you'll be able to get past the final wave. Then you'll be able to do a few waves of MM and you'll have a huge jump and be able to get to the boss. Then you can do survival for another jump in stats. Then you'll be bored, grow a beard and a potbelly and troll forums waiting for DLC. I'm just now getting to the MistyMire part .
Originally Posted by AzErEuS